It’s hard to resist going back for seconds or thirds when spinach and artichoke dip is on the table. But the classic version is loaded with a ton of ingredients, including mayonnaise and sour cream, so you can’t exactly call it a healthy snack. If you love the flavor, but want to lighten it up, this recipe is for you.
With only five ingredients you can recreate your favorite hot and cheesy baked dip – protein packed hummus, fresh green chiles, raw spinach, artichoke hearts and cheese! Want to add a kick? Mix a sprinkle of cayenne pepper in before baking.
- 16 ounces (2 containers) Blue Moose of Boulder Green Chile Hummus
- ½ cup chopped canned artichokes, drained and patted dry
- ½ cup diced green chiles
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese, Monterey Jack may also be used or a combination
- Preheat oven to 375º
- In a large bowl stir together all of the ingredients, reserving ½ of a cup of shredded cheese, until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 8x8 or similar size baking dish. Spread into an even layer and top with the remaining ½ cup of cheese.
- Cover the baking dish loosely with foil and bake for 15 minutes then uncover and bake another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with pita chips or vegetables.
This recipe was created by Recipe Runner for Blue Moose of Boulder; check out the original post here.