We’re all about twists on the classic and these potato tacos are just that! We dare you to swap out guacamole for basil pesto and ground beef for roasted fingerling potatoes. Whether you’re vegetarian or not, these are a great alternative to a traditional taco and make for an easy weeknight dinner.
Crispy roasted potatoes act as a hearty taco filling, balanced by our flavorful basil pesto and fresh vegetables. Looking for a little more protein? Feel free to swap the roasted potatoes for grilled shrimp or chicken.
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, washed thoroughly dried and halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Blue Moose of Boulder Basil Pesto
- 10 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 5 medium radish, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chiffonade basil
- Preheat oven to 400º with a rack in the center of the oven.
- Toss the potatoes in the olive oil and spread in an even single layer on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and roast, tossing halfway through, until golden brown and crisp, about 35 minutes.
- While potatoes are roasting, prep the taco toppings: halve cherry tomatoes, thinly slice radishes and chiffonade basil.
- Then warm the tortillas in a skillet or on the grill.
- When the potatoes are fully cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes. Then put the roasted potatoes in a medium mixing bowl and toss with the pesto until fully coated.
- To serve, scoop potatoes into warmed tortillas and top with tomatoes, radishes, fresh basil and crumbled goat cheese. Serve immediately.
This recipe was created by Cooking With Cocktail Rings for Blue Moose of Boulder; check out the original post here.